Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yellowstone




I could post a dozen pictures of our trip to Yellowstone, but nothing can match seeing a grizzly in the wild. This was Jerry's first trip to Yellowstone. I went a few times when I was a kid and it looks nothing like I remember. The 1988 fire was HUGE!!! 

We saw every animal imaginable and had some great picnics in the snow. Our mantra became, "Where's the bears?" We did not see a single one...until...we were heading home and just before we hit the main road after checking out at Grant's Village we saw a couple standing on the side of the road. We asked, "What do you see?" Grizzly was the answer.

Holy Cow! We stood and watched the bear graze all over the hillside for a half hour before it disappeared over a ridge. We pulled onto the main road and I wondered aloud if the bear might be nearby because of the position of the ridge. We pulled the car over and ducked into the bushes. There 25 yards in front of me was the bear. 

No comments: