Monday, May 7, 2007

What would I do without good friends?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help I have received in the moving process. I Have been packing and sorting for months now and three weeks ago when the pod arrived I thought I would put in three or four twelve hour days and that would be it. I have put in probably twenty such days and I am still not done. Thankfully Clint Shelley, Chris Ballew and Brent Winward moved most of the heavy stuff for me yesterday. Today Tara Winward, Annie Javadi and Harriet Crandall showed up to help me sort through the piles of junk still remaining. I took two bikes to Trips for Kids. I have given away hundreds of items to friends. I have donated at least ten carloads of stuff to Goodwill and I have filled two dumpsters. The Pod is now almost full and I still have a couple dozen boxes after all that purging.

The last time I moved seventeen years ago it took one stuffed car trip. I cannot believe how much stuff I have accumulated. I couldn't have completed the move without the support of so many people from church. Heather Moore helped me empty my storage unit. Josh Moore helped me carry the furniture out of my office. Thanks to Lainie Pyper, Annie Javadi and Annie Ballard for helping me by taking so much stuff off my hands.

The end is finally near and now I get to look forward to the unpacking process. I can hardly wait!

8 comments:

thebohans said...

Do I still have time to see you before you go? I am sorry I missed bunco, I have been really sick, and still am but I just want to say goodbye. I love you!

Annie said...

I'm so sorry I can't help more with the moving at this point. I think we both feel like we wished we could help one another right now. Happy moving to you! You and Jerry will be sorely missed!
P.S. Thanks for the empathy on the whole pneumonia thing. I think we're past the worst of it now. Here's hoping Vance's recovery doesn't take as long as your month long battle with pneumonia.

Lainie said...

We will miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!! I wish I could have helped more too. I can't wait for pix of the new house! Good luck!!

Cyrus and Annie said...

Hey, why can't I comment on "I'm a Utahn now" don't you like us anymore?

Annie said...

Hey, how come I can't leave a comment on your most recent blog entry?
We totally miss you too. It will be no time before you make many more friends out there and get into your groove. Love you!

Kathy said...

I am not sure what is going on with the comments, but I changed a few settings to see of that will help.

Cyrus and Annie said...

Are you buried in unpacking? We haven't heard anything from you...If I were there I would come help you...remember me mover supreme!! I am as quick at unpacking as I am at packing! I miss you andhow am I suppose to keep up if you never blog!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So missing you! How are you settling in? Can't wait to see you in August!