Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rodeo

Last time I went to a rodeo I was about eight years old. This was Jerry's first rodeo ever. We had such a great time and while I was a little concerned about animal cruelty I was amazed that all the animals seemed to know exactly where to go when they were done performing. I viewed the PRCA website and read about their animal welfare policy which put my mind at ease a bit.

Anyway, the rodeo was a hoot and there were tons of girls dressed to the nines, with overdone hair, makeup and very high heels. I said to Jerry, "Why would anyone dress so fancy to go to a dirty, stinky rodeo." Jerry looked at me incredulously and said, "They are rodeo groupies." I bet he's right.

The feats of daring do were quite amazing and I will never forget the rodeo.

Steer Wrasslin'



1 comment:

Lainie said...

I am not a rodeo-er myself, but I will admit that I went to my one and only rodeo in Texas when I was on my mission. It was so much fun!!! What a hoot.