Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guest Room

The guest room was a lot of fun to put together. The bedspread and bedskirt are leftover from California. Now the story behind them is not a proud moment in my life. I bought them because they were something like 95% off in a store going-out-of business sale. Even though I did not love them I bought them because they had originally been $800 and I got them for $50. I think they are some high end boutique item, but I only bought them because of the price. Well I figured that I might as well try and make them work. I decided to go with a red, white and blue room, which is totally not my style. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the end result. The bedside tables were first. They were the only ones I could find after two months of looking that were as tall as the bed. I bought them at Ikea and then I found the bench in the "as-is" area of Ikea. The bench as it turns out is a great idea for a guest room. It offers a place to put a suitcase and a spot to sit and put on your shoes.

We then bought the dresser which matched the nightstands and a white framed floor mirror to fill up an awkward angled wall. A couple of lamps which were unbelievable bargains were the jewelry for the room. The lamps are both Restoration Hardware and I got each one for $20.






1 comment:

Lainie said...

I'm loving all the pix of your house! Keep 'em comin'! Very cool guest room. I think it says Lainie come visit me all over it!! ;0)