Friday, March 30, 2007

My genealogy.... followup


As I was preparing my Sunday School lesson this past week, using the LDS Institute manual on Intro to Family History, the following jumped out at me,"It is very important not to impose guilt on your students." The lesson went on to say that not everyone will have the time, funds or ability to do family history to the same degree and each person should prayerfully assess over and over again what role they are meant to play at any given time.

I don't feel too bad about heaping guilt upon my friends, but I would amend the guilt by saying, " Do the best that you can given your circumstances in life and you will be rewarded for whatever role you play in the course of family history and temple work." End of guilt sequence. Your humble servant. K