Monday, March 5, 2007

Shutterbug

I am not the greatest photographer, but I like to try for good pictures. A couple of years ago I bought the greatest little camera, a Pentax Optio. All the pictures in posts prior to this one were taken with the Pentax. Sadly, the Pentax is no longer with us. Jerry left it at the Bohemian Club and it was not turned in to "lost and found". Thus began the odyssey of trying to replace my beloved camera. I bought and returned three cameras, including another Optio. I found the quality of the photos disappointing.

I think I may have finally found a good replacement, a Sony Cybershot. I snapped a few pictures outside including a picture of my plum tree in blossom against a pitch black, moonless sky. I have very shaky hands and out of 30 pictures I am lucky if 2 or 3 are not blurry. About 50% came out fairly clear with the Sony. Check out the results.

p.s. I could not frame the tree in the viewfinder because I could not see it. The light is strictly from the flash. The photos were taken with no tripod and I think for a nighttime shot with no tripod and shaky hands they came out fairly clear. Good camera!